The technique of anti-cellulite massage emerged in the second half of the last century and has since gained recognition among clients of beauty salons and massage centers. You can undergo a course of anti-cellulite massage by professionals at PIED-DE-POULE.
Types of Anti-Cellulite Massage
Anti-cellulite massage can be performed manually or with the use of specialized equipment.
Manual techniques include:
- Massage without the use of special creams – during the session, problem areas are actively kneaded.
- Massage using anti-cellulite cosmetics – these products not only exert mechanical pressure but also contain ingredients that target subcutaneous fat.
- Vacuum massage using cups – cups are used to increase pressure on fatty tissues.
Machine-based anti-cellulite massage can be done using:
- Rollers – these rollers are rolled over the body during the session, creating the necessary kneading and squeezing effect.
- Compressed air – special pants are used, and air is pumped in following a specific algorithm.
- Vacuum – unlike manual massage, cups of various sizes are used here.
Vibrating cuffs that are worn on the thighs can also be used to combat "orange peel" skin. During the session, the vibration from the rollers is transmitted to the skin and targets fat deposits.
What's Important in Combating Cellulite?
Anti-cellulite massage is an effective method for achieving smooth and firm skin. However, the effectiveness of the treatment depends on factors such as:
- The degree of cellulite severity.
- The presence of excess weight.
- Willingness to change dietary habits.
During an anti-cellulite program and for maintaining results, it's essential to follow a specific diet and maintain proper hydration. Engaging in physical activity is also recommended.
If a client has excess weight in addition to cellulite, anti-cellulite programs can be combined with weight loss procedures. However, if excess weight exceeds 5 kg, it is advisable to normalize weight first before starting massages.
At PIED-DE-POULE salon, qualified specialists will provide consultations and tailor the necessary massage and other procedures to your specific needs.
How General Anti-Cellulite Massage Affects the Body
Despite being focused on addressing local issues, anti-cellulite massage has several broader effects on the body, including:
- Activation of lymph flow and lymphatic drainage.
- Stimulation of cellular metabolism.
- Strengthening of capillaries.
- Improved skin tone.
- Stimulation of collagen production.
In some cases, this type of massage may be prescribed to stimulate and normalize gastrointestinal function.
Indications and Contraindications for Anti-Cellulite Massage
Apart from cellulite-related concerns, common indications for anti-cellulite massage include:
- Sagging skin and loss of elasticity.
- Skin sagging after rapid weight loss.
- Fluid retention and edema.
However, it's important to note that anti-cellulite massage is an intense procedure and, like any intensive intervention on the body, it has certain contraindications:
- Varicose veins and thrombophlebitis.
- Cardiovascular diseases.
- Skin injuries, dermatitis, rashes.
- Allergic reactions to cosmetic ingredients.
- Inflammatory processes in the body.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding are not the best times for anti-cellulite massage.
The duration of a full course depends on the severity of cellulite and typically consists of 8-20 sessions, with each session lasting 30-40 minutes and spaced 2-3 days apart. To inquire about pricing and schedule a consultation to begin your journey towards your dream body, you can contact the salon via phone or through the website's contact form.